Interlibrary Loan Assistant
Processes interlibrary loans and performs a variety of clerical and circulation duties under the supervision of the Circulation Services Coordinator.
- Interlibrary Loans: Includes processing and handling of incoming material requests, data entry; processing, return and other handling of ILL materials; ILL-related billing, and statistics; preparing overdue notices for patrons and libraries; bibliographic verification, and searching of library catalogues and other databases.
- A full range of circulation functions as they relate to the provision of ILL service.
- Responsible for reporting problems relating to ILL software.
- Communicate with ILL representatives and Provincial Library.
- Uses various online resources and computer software
- Responsible for ILL supplies.
- Assists in maintaining the ILL manual, both in print and online on the Intranet.
- May assist with regular circulation.
- Other duties as required.
- Graduate of an approved Library Technician program or completion of a recognized university degree.
- Relevant experience in data entry and using Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of Interlibrary Loan procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of circulation processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in the use of the internet and e-mail.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to explain and implement library procedures, policies and regulations, according to Saskatoon Public Library values and practices.
- Ability to deal with straight forward procedural problems.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Ability to handle variable procedures and duties.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 11.4 kg.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of technology including SILS, and Microsoft Office, internet tools and electronic resources.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, peers, volunteers and the public.
- Must be well organized in planning daily work and accurately perform detail oriented work.
- Must be adaptable to change.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Demonstrated reliability (including punctuality and attendance).
No events were found for this series.