Instructions for PressReader at SPL
Take the newsstand with you.
PressReader is a great way to access thousands of newspapers and magazines from Canada and around the world.
How to use PressReader on a mobile:
For the app to work properly, you need to connect to a PressReader hotspot. Each SPL location is a PressReader hotspot and to connect simply sign into the location's WIFI. Once connected, you can use the PressReader app with the library license for up to 48 hours inside or outside the library. After 48 hours, visit a SPL location near you to renew your connection to the hotspot.
How to use PressReader from a desktop computer:
Log in to the website using your SPL card and PIN.
To select a specific publication:
• Click on the menu button at the top left corner (three horizontal lines)
• Select “Publications”
• Select your desired country, province / state, and topic. For instance, you can click on "Canada", then "Saskatchewan", and "News" to see newspapers from Saskatchewan.
• Select a specific newspaper from the list to read it
• OR use the search box in the top right corner to search for a specific paper (such as the StarPhoenix).
To enlarge articles for reading:
• Select Text View or click on an article. Print options are also available.
To create a personal account:
Sign up for a personal account with an e-mail address to select favourite publications, bookmark articles and create alerts on topics of interest.
• Select “Sign In”
• Enter your email
• Create a password
• Enter your name
• Enter your last name
• Check on desired email types if any
• Click “Done”
Back issues are available for two or more weeks depending on the title.