While libraries are closed, we are still here to serve you.
The main phone line of every library is open Monday to Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm. If we’re unavailable during these times or you call after hours, please leave a voicemail and someone will get back to you shortly.
Online chat service is available Monday to Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm.
Online Library Cards
Don’t have a library card? Sign up online.
Late fees were suspended on March 13, 2020. There are currently no late fees in effect.
The loan period is increasing to 28 days (four weeks) for all items.
Holds Pick-up Service by Appointment Only (Appointments will not be required beginning Aug 17)
Holds pick-up service is available by appointment, at all locations. Holds are available for Saskatoon Public Library patrons and for Saskatoon Public Library materials only. Provincial resource sharing, interlibrary loan, group loan and book deposit and delivery services remain suspended.
How It Works
- Saskatoon Public Library cardholders can place holds on Saskatoon Public Library materials . Holds can be placed online, by calling any SPL location or by using the library app.
- You will receive a notification when the items are ready for pickup. Holds will be cancelled if a pick-up appointment is not arranged within seven (7) days. You will be contacted by text, phone or email when your holds are available. We are not sending mail notifications. Please update your notifications preference in your My SPL account online or by calling a SPL location.
- Make a pick-up appointment by giving us a call, emailing email@example.com or using the online chat on the website. The location will be indicated in the notification you receive. Holds pickups are by appointment only.
- Please bring your library card to pick up your holds. If you have an online card, please bring your card number and photo identification.
- When you arrive, follow the directions on the signage for your safety and the safety of others. Visible markers will be present at pick-up locations to ensure physical distancing.
NEW Aug 17: We’re Adding Grab & Go Express Bags!
Beginning Aug 17, you can borrow bags of 10 items, selected by genre, to save you time in selecting materials. These express bags will be available in-person at all libraries. Holds are not available for Grab & Go Bags. The selection of materials for each bag is limited to what is available at each library. You can choose from the following genres:
- Children’s – Board Books
- Children’s – Picture Books
- Children’s – Easy (Beginning) Readers
- Children’s – Non-Fiction (Information)
- Adult – Magazines – History/Science/News
- Adult – Magazines – Cooking/Lifestyle
- Adult – Magazines – Entertainment/Crafts & Hobbies/How-To
Book Club in a Bag, Role Play Game in a Bag & STEAM Kits are available for borrowing (beginning Aug 17).
Book returns are open. There will be a delay on checking in returned materials due to:
- The volume of materials to check in (over 110,000 items are currently pending return).
- We are quarantining all returned materials for 72 hours.
Therefore, items may remain on your card for some time after you return them. However, there will not be any late fines charged. We thank you in advance for your patience.
From eBooks and eAudiobooks to movies and music, the Digital Library has lots of free learning and entertainment resources for all ages. Access them for free with a library card.
Follow us on social media to enjoy programs for all ages and ability levels.
Outreach Workers are continuing to answer phone calls and emails. The Outreach Workers can help in many ways, particularly with support you may need in solving problems related to housing, mental health, addictions, crisis support, employment, income, or other confidential and important needs. They can also provide referrals to other community organizations.
We are committed to help provide assistance for everyone, regardless of ability level, while the libraries are closed. If you or someone you know requires specialized assistance or materials, please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling 306.975.7565.
Our Local History employees are answering reference questions remotely, and can also provide Local History images that have been digitized. Questions? Email us at LHstaff@saskatoonlibrary.ca any time.