Saskatoon Public Library is following a Board-approved five-step plan to reopen libraries gradually. Employees are actively working on everything needed to move into this next step of the plan, and we are doing everything possible to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and patrons.
Stage 3 (updated Nov 24, 2020)
SPL rejoined the provincial resource sharing service on Dec 1. This means that materials from other Saskatchewan library systems can be requested by SPL patrons, and vice versa. Interlibrary loans, which allow materials to be requested from private libraries in Saskatchewan and public libraries in other provinces, was also be reinstated on Dec 1.
All libraries are open for limited services as follows:
- Dr. Freda Ahenakew Library is open Monday to Friday, from 10am to 6pm.
- Carlyle King Library is open Monday to Saturday, from 12pm to 6pm. Holds pick-up is available Monday to Saturday from 10am to 12pm. Patrons also have 24 hour access to the holdIt™ locker any day of the week. Learn more about the holds pick-up lockers.
- All other locations are open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 6pm.
Hours at all locations are subject to change, so please check the locations page to ensure the location you want to visit is open.
As has been mandated by the province, face masks are required for entry to the library for everyone over two years old. Children aged 3-12 will be required to wear a mask unless they are reasonably unable to. To accommodate patrons unable to wear a mask, we provide services such as contactless holds pickup and print or scan pick up from outside the library. To request these services, please call the library you would like to visit. We also offer assistance via the chat feature on our website, as well as email.
All locations have limited capacity and limited services at this time. Due to physical distancing and limited capacity, wait times may be experienced.
The services currently available are:
- Browsing of the collection. There may be browsing restrictions in some locations. We ask patrons to make their selections quickly. Please continue to place holds online and over the phone as much as possible.
- Computer use (one-hour maximum).
- Public printing, faxing and scanning.
- Public telephones.
- Public washrooms.
- In-person Outreach Worker support (at some locations).
- Contactless pickup remains available for those who need/prefer it.
- Reciprocal borrowing (in-person borrowing only) is available for non-SPL patrons to borrow SPL materials.
All libraries offer:
- Grab & Go Bags.
- Holds pickup.
- Book returns are open.
- Virtual reference and assistance.
- Book Club in a Bag, Role Play Game in a Bag and STEAM Kits are available for borrowing.
- Late fines remain suspended.
Services not currently available include:
- Reading, seating, study and play areas are closed.
- Programming will remain online.