Saskatoon Public Library is following a Board-approved five-step plan to reopen libraries gradually. Employees are actively working on everything needed to move into this next step of the plan, and we are doing everything possible to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and patrons.
Stage 3 (updated Nov 24, 2020)
SPL will be rejoining the provincial resource sharing service on Dec 1. This means that materials from other Saskatchewan library systems can be requested by SPL patrons, and vice versa. Interlibrary loans, which allow materials to be requested from private libraries in Saskatchewan and public libraries in other provinces, will also be reinstated on Dec 1.
All libraries have reopened and, with the exception of the Carlyle King Library and Dr. Freda Ahenakew Library, are open 10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Saturday. At the Carlyle King Library, holds pickups are available from 10 am to 12 pm, and the library itself is open 12 pm to 6 pm. Dr. Freda Ahenakiew Library is open Monday to Friday, from 10 am to 6 pm. Hours at all locations are subject to change, so please check the locations page to ensure the location you want to visit is open.
Face masks are required for entry to the library for everyone over nine years old. To accommodate patrons unable to wear a mask, we provide services such as contactless holds pickup and print or scan pick up from outside the library. To request these services, please call the library you would like to visit. We also offer assistance via the chat feature on our website, as well as email.
All locations have limited capacity and limited services at this time. Due to physical distancing and limited capacity, wait times may be experienced.
The services currently available are:
- Browsing of the collection. There may be browsing restrictions in some locations. We ask patrons to make their selections quickly. Please continue to place holds online and over the phone as much as possible.
- Computer use (one-hour maximum).
- Public printing, faxing and scanning.
- Public telephones.
- Public washrooms.
- In-person Outreach Worker support (at some locations).
- Contactless pickup remains available for those who need/prefer it.
- Reciprocal borrowing (in-person borrowing only) is available for non-SPL patrons to borrow SPL materials.
All libraries offer:
- Grab & Go Bags.
- Holds pickup.
- Book returns are open.
- Virtual reference and assistance.
- Book Club in a Bag, Role Play Game in a Bag and STEAM Kits are available for borrowing.
- Late fines remain suspended.
Services not currently available include:
- Reading, seating, study and play areas are closed.
- Programming will remain online.