Saskatoon Public Library is following a Board-approved five-step plan to reopen libraries gradually, which takes into account provincial guidelines and places a priority on the health and safety of patrons and employees.
Updated Sep 1, 2021
Patrons are required to wear a facemask while visiting Saskatoon Public Library locations effective Tuesday, Sep 7. Patrons who prefer to use contactless services, such as hold pickups and print/scan services, can request this by calling the library. We also offer assistance via the chat feature on our website, as well as email.
Regular operating hours will resume at all libraries, and Local History will resume pre-COVID operating hours on Sep 7. Please visit the locations page for the operating hours.
SPL continues to assess the COVID-19 pandemic situation in our community. Due to the current rise in COVID-19 in Saskatoon, SPL will not be easing restrictions planned to take place in September.
The following restrictions will remain in place until further notice:
- Programs will remain virtual.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the library.
- Innovation labs, gaming rooms and toys will remain closed/unavailable.
- Room rentals will remain unavailable.
- Friends of the Library shop at Frances Morrison Central Library will remain closed.