Book Club in a Bag
Our Book Club in a Bag contains 10 copies of the same book! Choose from one of our available titles, place a hold and pick up your kit at your local branch.
How to Use Book Club in a Bag
Place holds on kits up to a year in advance and manage them by suspending and reactivating your holds closer to your Club's meeting schedule. Click here for instructions on how to manage holds.
Some kits may be in high demand, so we recommend reactivating more than one hold at a time, to ensure at least one of your choices is ready to borrow in time.
Each book in the kit is numbered 1 - 10. Click here for a printable tracking sheet to keep track of which member has which copy of the book.
Suggest a New Book Club in a Bag Titles
If you have read a book that you think would make a great book club, let us know. Contact us at [email protected]
Book Club in a Bag Borrowing Policies
We recommend patrons elect one club member to check out a Book Club in a Bag kit on behalf of their group. They'll need a valid Saskatoon Public Library card and will be financially responsible for returning all the pieces with the kit.
Book Club in a Bag kits can be borrowed for 6 weeks. Renewals are not available.
- You'll have seven days once you've been notified your kit is available to pick up your kit.
- Pick up and return your Book Club in a Bag kits at any SPL location.
- Kits must be returned to the Service Desk inside the library.
- Check out up to five kits at a time, for up to six weeks each.
- If your group loses a book you'll be charged a replacement fee for the cost of the item.
- Return your kit on time to avoid overdue fines. Your kit will only be considered returned when it is returned in full, with the bag and all 10 copies. You will be charged a late fee of $3 per day until the entire kit is returned.
- Book Club in a Bag kits are only available for pick-up at a Saskatoon Public Library location (i.e., kits will not be sent for pickup to any non-SPL location).
Login to the Saskatoon Public Library account to manage your account and place holds on material. Don't have a Library card? Get one today!