The library provides access to thousands of books in various world languages, from Cree and French to Mandarin and Ukrainian.
We’ve set up scrolling lists to help find books on our New & Trending webpage.
To do a more robust search for library materials in world languages, please do the following:
- Visit our Search the Collection page or use the search bar located on the homepage.
- To search for children’s books, search juvenile. To search for young adult materials, type young adult into the search bar. To search for all other materials, type * (an asterisk) into the search bar.
- Once the search results are displayed, choose your preferred language from the Language menu on the right side of the page.
- Mango Languages has a wide range of language-learning resources, including English lessons in 17 languages.
- Libby/OverDrive has lots of eBooks and eAudiobooks available in languages other than English. To find these titles, you can filter the language you want to search for.
- PressReader provides access to thousands of newspapers and magazines from around the world, many of which are written in languages other than English.
- Tumble Biblio Enfants provides a wide selection of animated children’s eBooks in French.
- Encyclopedie Canadienne is a French version of the Canadian Encyclopedia.
- Unversalis Junior and Universalis Senior offer French-language online encyclopaedias for kids and adults, respectively.