Round Prairie Branch
Located at 170 - 250 Hunter Road, the Round Prairie branch opened in December 2016.
La Prairie Round (or Round Prairie) Métis were a community of buffalo hunters who established a wintering site near Dakota Whitecap in the late 1800's. In the 1920's and 30's many in the community were forced to migrate to Saskatoon in search of work, and by the 40's they had established a permanent and close knit community near the current site of the new SPL branch. They were forced by the Crown to relocate in the 1950's.
To view SPL's Métis reading list, please click the link below:
How to use this Location
The Round Prairie branch is located near Preston Avenue and Hunter Road. The branch is home to the Innovation Lab, where individuals and families are welcome to try out new gadgets or create digital projects. The Innovation Lab includes:
- MacBook Pros: with GarageBand, Audacity and video editing software (iMovie, Quicktime) and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- iPads: family friendly games designed to encourage early literacy and creative discovery skills are available on the tablets.
- Robotics: kids can build their STEM skills with our kits, including Makey Makey, LittleBits, and Snap Circuits.
- LEGO: a classic we all love, come use our building sets, without having to worry about losing pieces!
- Button Maker: the button maker meets your more low-tech, DIY needs.
- Cricut cutting machine: personal electronic cutting machine for making precision paper, fabric or vinyl cuts.
The branch also has a Gaming Room. Come on your own or with a group for side-by-side gaming. Try out the latest release, or re-visit a favourite. The following platforms are available to use on one or both of our 2 TV screens:
- PlayStation 4 Pro
- Xbox One S
Ten Chromebooks are also available to check out for use within the Library, using our free wifi.