Round Prairie Branch
The Round Prairie branch is located near Preston Avenue and Hunter Road.
La Prairie Round (or Round Prairie) Métis were a community of buffalo hunters who established a wintering site near Dakota Whitecap in the late 1800's. In the 1920's and 30's many in the community were forced to migrate to Saskatoon in search of work, and by the 40's they had established a permanent and close knit community near the current site of the new SPL branch. They were forced by the Crown to relocate in the 1950's. To view SPL's Métis reading list, please click the link below:
The Whitecap Dakota First Nation and Saskatoon Public Schools have created a guide for a walking tour of the Stonebridge neighbourhood, where Round Prairie Library is located. The tour will help you explore the deep Indigenous histories of the area.
Location170-250 Hunter Road
Saskatoon, S7T 0Y4
- Monday: 10 am - 9 pm
- Tuesday: 10 am - 9 pm
- Wednesday: 10 am - 9 pm
- Thursday: 10 am - 9 pm
- Friday: 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday: 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday: 1 - 5:30 pm
How to get here
There is free parking available in front of the building. You can also get here by bus:
Route 17 (Stonebridge / University)
Route 83 (Stonebridge / Centre Mall, Monday to Friday only)
- Public computers (1 hour at a time)
- Chromebooks (in-branch loans)
- Printing (black & white, 10 cents per page)
- Photocopying (black & white, 10 cents per page)
- Scanning to a USB or email (free)
- MacBook Pros: with GarageBand, Audacity and video editing software (iMovie, Quicktime) and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Robotics: kids can build their STEM skills with our kits, including Makey Makey, LittleBits, and Snap Circuits.
- LEGO: a classic we all love, come use our building sets, without having to worry about losing pieces!
- Button Maker: the button maker meets your more low-tech, DIY needs.
- Cricut cutting machine: personal electronic cutting machine for making precision paper, fabric or vinyl cuts.
- Canon PowerShot SX60: HD digital camera & tripod
- Yamaha MG10XU: mixing console with microphone & mic stand
- Green screen
- PlayStation 4 Pro
- Xbox One S
- Two TV screens
We have auditoriums and meeting rooms available for rent. Book up to three months in advance to ensure your spot. Subsidized pricing is available for non-profit organizations
Group Loans and Class Tours
Book a tour with us, or set up a group loan for your classroom. With two weeks' notice, we can plan to present themed storytimes, library orientations and special programs.