Apr 10, 2023
The OverDrive app is officially ending. Use Libby instead!
If you’ve been holding off on replacing the OverDrive app with Libby – the time has come for you to make the switch. The OverDrive app will be retiring completely on May 1, 2023. The app was removed from app stores last February as we mentioned in our post on Feb 23, 2022.
Follow these easy steps to download and use the amazing Libby app:
- Download the Libby app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Grab your library card.
- Open the Libby app and answer ‘Yes” you have a library card.
- Then, search for a library.
- Type in ‘Saskatoon’ and you’ll find the Saskatchewan Library Consortium.
- Select ‘Sign In With My Card’.
- Select ‘Saskatoon Public Library’.
- Enter your library card details and PIN (usually your PIN is the last four digits of your phone number).
- That’s it! You can now place holds and borrow materials, tag or add items to your wishlist.
If you need assistance or have questions, there are lots of additional resources available.
- The Libby Help website contains help videos that provide detailed information on using the Libby app.
- Upgrade to Libby has more information on making the switch from the OverDrive app to Libby.
- Libby FAQs can help answer other questions you may have on the switch to Libby.
- Monthly Getting Started with Libby webinars offered by OverDrive. Libby users from any library system can attend to learn how to use the app.
- For help from an SPL employee, book a one-on-one tech help session at any of our library locations.