The Book Club in a Bag Collection
The Book Club in a Bag collection contains hundreds of top book club reads. Each Book Club in a Bag kit contains ten copies of the same book!
How to Use
- One member of your book club will be responsible for checking out the Book Club in a Bag kit on behalf of the entire group. All they need is a valid Saskatoon Public Library card.
- Choose a title, place a hold, and pick up your kit at your local library.
- You’ll be notified when your kit is available, and have seven days to pick it up. If you’re unable to pick up the kit within seven days, the hold will be cancelled. The borrowing period for Book Club in a Bag is six weeks, after which late fees will be applied.
- Keep in mind, if you’re checking out the Book Club in a Bag kit, you will be financially responsible for returning all items. Each book is numbered to help you keep track of which member has what copy. To stay organized, print the Book Club in a Bag tracking sheet.
- When your book club has finished using the kit, or at the end of the six week borrowing period, return the full Book Club kit to the service desk at any library.
You can place holds on more than one kit for up to a year in advance and can manage them by suspending and reactivating holds closer to the Club’s meeting date. Learn how to manage your holds. Some kits are in very high in demand, so we recommend reactivating more than one hold at a time. This will ensure at least one of your choices is ready to borrow in time for your book club!
Frequently Asked Questions
Renewals are not available for Book Club in a Bag kits.
Yes! You can check out up to five kits at a time, each for up to six weeks.
Once your book club has finished reading the book, the entire kit can be returned to the service desk at any library. We recommend collecting the books at your last meeting to ensure all ten copies are returned together.
One of our book club members forgot to put their copy in the Book Club Bag. Can they return the book themselves to any library?
While we prefer the kits to be returned as a whole, we understand sometimes people forget! Book club members can bring their copy to any library.
If your group loses a book, a replacement fee will be charged to the account of the member who checked out the kit.
No, the Saskatoon Public Library does not charge late fees, however, after a period of 30 days past the due date the items will be deemed lost and a replacement fee will be charged to the patron who signed the kit out. If the item(s) is returned, the replacement fee will be removed.
Book Club in a Bag kits are only available for pick up at an Saskatoon Public Library locations.