Institution Library Cards are for those who work in a business, institution, or daycare in Saskatoon and want to borrow materials for work.
Terms & Conditions
By completing this library card registration form, you agree to:
- Be responsible for all materials borrowed and other use of this card and to pay any resulting fees or charges.
- Abide by SPL and SILS policies.
- Report a lost or stolen card immediately.
- Authorize SILS to retain and use any personal information necessary for the provision of library services and ensure this information is accurate.
Register for an Institution Library Card by completing the form and bringing it to any library along with your identification.
Questions About Getting a Library Card
When you come to the library to get your card, you will need a piece of personal identification and proof of your Saskatoon address. A piece of identification that includes your address (such as a driver’s license) will meet both requirements.
For ID Purposes
- Driver’s license
- Nexus card
- Student card
- Military ID
- Government ID card
- Treaty card or Metis card
- Landed immigrant card
- Business/Employer photo ID (preferably with identifying number)
For proof of address:
- Personal cheque
- Driver’s license
- Utility bill or other government correspondence that shows the current address
- Letter/envelope with cancelled postage showing current address
Your PIN is the last four digits of your phone number, unless you have changed it.
You can change your PIN online at any time. Simply log into your My SPL account and click Settings. You can also change your PIN at the service desk of any library or by calling any SPL location. If you have forgotten your PIN, click on the “forgot PIN” link on the login page.
Library cards expire 3 years after they are issued. You will receive a notification 2 weeks in advance. You can come in to any library building, phone any library, or email us at email@example.com. Please have your ID and current contact information ready.