Donations are important to the vitality of the Local History collection. We accept donations that will enhance our existing collections and contribute to research about Saskatoon.
We accept only unconditional donations. We reserve the right to retain or dispose of donated material according to the needs of the collection. Once offered and accepted, donations become the property of the Library and cannot be returned to the donor.
Types of Materials Accepted
- Photographs (prints, negatives, postcards, slides)
- Books about the history of Saskatoon and its communities
- Ephemera (receipts, certificates, handbills, menus, etc.)
- Oral histories (recorded or transcribed)
We do not accept newspapers or items that don’t fit our collection’s mandate. Please note – all donations must be in good condition. We cannot accept materials that contain mold or mildew, as they are potentially dangerous to the existing collection.
Alternative Locations for Donations
- Western Development Museum (artifacts)
- Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan (business records)