Aug 12, 2020
Gradual Reopening Starts Aug 25
We’re moving on to Stage 3 of Our Path to Reopening beginning Aug 25.
In this stage, libraries will begin to reopen in multiple phases. Reopening dates are subject to change depending on several factors, including the state of COVID-19 in the community. The planned reopening dates are as follows:
- Dr. Freda Ahenakew Library: Tue, Aug 25
- Mayfair Library: Mon, Aug 31
- Cliff Wright Library: Tue, Sep 8
- Alice Turner Library: Tue, Sep 8
- Frances Morrison Central: Mon, Sep 14
- Rusty Macdonald Library: Mon, Sep 14
- J.S.Wood Library: Mon, Sep 21
- Carlyle King Library: Mon, Sep 21
- Round Prairie Library: Mon, Sep 21
As locations reopen, they will have limited capacity and services. Facemasks are required for entry to the library for everyone over nine years old. Free masks will be available to patrons who do not have one for two weeks after the library reopen date.
After reopening, the services available at each library will include:
- Browsing of the collection. However, we ask patrons to make their selections quickly. Please continue to place holds online and over the phone as much as possible. There may be browsing restrictions in some locations.
- Computer use (one-hour maximum)
- Public printing, faxing and scanning
- Public telephones
- Public washrooms
- In-person Outreach Worker support (at some locations)
- Contactless pickup remains available for those who need/prefer it